[FIX] Sectree memory

• the sectree in metin2 is scary and not even the old korean wizards know what the fuck is happening over there so I took a deep breath and started to change some stuff around. While doing so I found something strange, after around 2.5-5k mobs the ram is exploding and its getting extremely laggy. I noticed that every `server-source/game/src/entiy.h` -> `CEntity` has its own

`ENTITY_MAP m_map_view;`

But what is a ENTITY_MAP? In short, it's a container of every currently-visible entity. This is useful to see things but has a small issue: every entity sees every entity in proximity. In other words: the amount of currently tracked entities is growing exponentially.

1 mob -> 0 entries
    2 mobs -> 1 entry per mob / 2 entries
    3 mobs -> 2 entries per mob / 6 entries
    4 mobs -> 3 entries per mob / 12 entries
    2500 mobs -> 2499 entries per mob / 6247500 entries

This is not good, but we have to see things, we can't just remove it completely. Introducing, my pseudo fix:

search for `CFuncViewInsert` in `server-source/game/src/entity_view.cpp`
    my change would be to avoid calling `m_me->ViewInsert(ent);` every time, so it would look something like that

We check if both entities are of the "character" type and if so we cast them to `LPCHARACTERS`.
    If the current view is of a player, he has to see everything
    if the current view is of a NPC, he has to see only players

This fix has some issues, with newer versions of the game there are a few mobs that heal each other - I haven't tested those neither have I tested this change throughout, but I'm fairly certain that it will work. If there is a problem you could add a type/subtype check or even hardcode the vnums since I think that there are only a handful of NPCs that have to see other NPCs (i.e. jotun)

good luck

Thanks to everyone from sura-head.

esp. to CYN3 and Amas

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen.Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von LTGT ()

• LTGT

Hat den Titel des Themas von „[FiX] Sectree memory“ zu „[FIX] Sectree memory“ geändert.
  • Dieses Thema enthält 11 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.