[QUEST]Boss Library

• Hello.

Example of a bad quest:

That is absolutely obnoxious in my opinion, totally obnoxious.
    I'm here today to show you the simplest, cleanest and shortest way to deal with something like this: A quest which communicates with a simple library in order to get global notice and eventual drop from a boss/monster or metin kill, the quest is coded to work with bosses, but it's fully ampliable and 100% customizable to your likings.
    I release this in hope to see less quests like the one i put into a spoiler (no one should see that, it could spread terminal cancer).

As always, the library is fully customizable.
    Each function contains a clear explanation of its structure and what it does.

Have fun!

Function Library File (.lua):

Quest File:

How do i use the library file?
    Make it load by dofile() in your questlib.lua or simply add what's inside it to the questlib.lua as it is.

Why should i use it?
    First of all, as I said, it's fully customizable: you can just add new monsters to the main data array and the quest will handle them.
    Secondly, the library file contains the full boss and data arrays + documentation and yet it still is only 120 lines of code, the quest contains the checks and the notice/drop functions, nothing else, since the whole is completely managed by the library, small, yet full of functionalities.

My Lua Questing service:

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen.

6 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Syreldar () aus folgendem Grund: 6/25/2022 - Edit: Added alignment award and code cleanup.

• Dieses Thema enthält 4 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.